Our readers may remember us highlighting the West Cost Symposium on Addictive Disorders conference, which took place at the La Quinta Resort and Club in La Quinta, California, last year. Well, the conference was so amazing and well planned that we wanted to make sure you heard about it again this year.
The West Coast Symposium on Addictive Disorders (WCSAD) is a three-day conference that provides attendees with the opportunity to learn and network at the same time while getting to hear presentations on some of the most important, relevant, and current topics in addiction and addiction treatment. And the topics this year cover essentially every aspect of addiction including:
- SBIRT (Screening, Brief Intervention, Referral to Treatment)
- Addiction Ethics
- Insurance and managed care in addiction treatment
- Intervention training
- Addiction treatment practice and theory
- Gambling Addiction
- Eating disorder education
- Pain and Addiction
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Gender issues in addiction treatment
- EEG Biofeedback
- Addiction counseling skills
Keynote Speakers for 2012
- Raul Rodriquez, MD – CEO and Medical Director of the Delray Center for healing
- Brad Lamm, BR-1- Founder and president of Intervention specialist
- William G. Borcher – Screenwriter and author, known for his work on the film “My name Is Bill W.”
- Robert Weiss, LCSW, CSAT-S – Founding Director of The Sexual Recovery Institute (SRI)
- Mel Pohl, MD, FASAM- Family Practitioner and Medical Director of Las Vegas Recovery Center
- Garret O’ Conner, MD- Professor of Psychiatry at UCLA
In addition to the enlightening talks mentioned above, WCSAD will also feature other events that will allow attendees to have some fun:
- WCSAD Golf Tournament at PGA West
- Fun Run/Walk Sponsored by Runwell
- Treatment Professionals Alum
- Discounted Spa for WCSAD Registrants
At the end of the three days you will better educated on addiction in general and on any specific topic you feel really passionate about or interested in. You can also earn Continuing Education credits and come by and meet us at our booth too!
If you want to register, make sure to use our special VIP code – AAAVIP – it’ll get you in to the pre-conference for free AND save you $50 off the registration fee. If you have any questions you can feel free to email me or Dee McGraw at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.wcsad.com for details.
Hope to see you at La Quinta!!!